Captima Strategic Alliances
Our strategic alliances leverage the resources and specialised offerings of key funding relationships to deliver creative capital solutions.
Captima, through its joint venture with a European Fund, continues to build a pipeline of real estate and asset-based financing transactions.
The Fund having largely committed its first private equity fund (closed in Oct 2014), has now closed a second fully discretionary fund at its hard cap. The Fund now sits on more than £600 million of dry-powder, to be deployed over the next 18 to 24 months.
The focus remains the same; small to mid-cap asset-backed opportunities throughout Europe where flexible capital can be provided, characterised in two ways:
- Opportunistic event-driven financing: Creating value for borrowers through highly tailored asset-secured loans, which enable capital restructuring and / or project execution.
- Transitional, programmatic facilities: Leveraging performing asset-related operating businesses, with flexible ‘on-call’ capital to drive portfolio expansion and EBITDA growth.
- Asset-backed investments including real estate-related, other ‘real assets’ and financial assets[/list]
- Primary focus on the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Austria, Benelux and Switzerland
- Secondary focus on Spain, Portugal, Central and Eastern Europe (excluding Russia)
- Small to mid-cap situations in regional, secondary / tertiary markets
- Investing across the capital structure; senior debt, second lien debt and selectively, joint venture equity
- Investments are structured as one-off investments (incl. bridge capital), repeat funding opportunities, financial platforms
- Typical investment size of £5 million to £50 million with an investment horizon of one to five years
Transitional and bridge capital backed by various forms of collateral
- Capex, infrastructure, horizontal and vertical development
Restructuring and white knight financings
- Refinancing, repurchase of existing debt, recapitalization
Acquisition and growth capital
- Revolving facility and long term funding relationships; up to 100% loan-to-cost if security over existing assets
Real estate-related and ‘operating’ real estate
- Healthcare (primary care, residential care, nurseries, veterinarian clinics)
- Soft infrastructure (petrol stations, social housing, self-storage, recreational facilities)
- Leisure (hotels, convention centres, sports facilities, pubs, restaurants)
- Traditional real estate
- Retail, residential, office, industrial, strategic land
Other real assets
- Energy (solar, wind, waste)
- Agricultural, transportation, equipment, inventory, natural resource deposits
Specialty lending, trade finance, receivables, claims